Re: Today in the Garden

Ceres,

I've been thinking a lot about your forced level of activity with pain like that. I know what it's like to wake in the night with involuntary tears from the pain. I hope that surgery will be successful and offer quick relief.

In the meantime, if you don't want to use a cane, perhaps you can compromise with a hoe or something? The falls left me with hip damage, and I hope they don't do the same for you. As my Aunt told my Dad, "You can't grab air" when you're going down.

I am scheduled for surgery July 5. As I stated sometime ago the dr
(s)
both said they do not repair at my age (due to lack of blood flow to the
area) but only cleanup the tear but the surgeon who will be doing the job
said he
is hopeful that he can take care of or reduce the pain. I still can walk
okay with occasional fall as it gives away but the pain when I am lying is
the problem.
Ceres