From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Daryl
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 2:59 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Now Daryl Dad....Today in the Garden

When I called a  few hours ago, he was doing pretty well. Of course with the
Lortabs, the pain is much less than it's been. My sister says he's been
using his walker w/wheels (Rollator) to avoid another fall. He had fallen
the day before, too, taking out a dining room chair. (That one must have
been spectacular- those chairs are Swedish, and pretty husky!) I hope the
doctors can quit arguing and get him on Fosamax and a lower dose of Coumadin
PDQ.

My sister said that he had a good breakfast and was reading, his favorite
occupation. That man reads like nobody you've ever seen. Time, Newsweek,
Scientific American, Chemical and Engineering News, Science and Theology,
Discover, The Smithsonian, more that I can't remember, the  WSJ, the local
paper, and always a couple of books going - geology, geography, natural
history, theological arguments, Biblical archaeology, obscure books on
particular bits of history that strike his fancy...