From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of MICHAEL HABIB
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 5:09 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Rain rain, move to where you're needed

Zem, I think you meant Marge and me (Godi). I don't know about Marge, but my
rain gage recorded almost 10 inches from Thursday evening until Tuesday.
North of here, where Marge lives, a few more inches were recorded. A lot of
people have wet basements and more serious problems. We have no basement,
but a sunken living room. The power was out for a few hours, so I was
bailing water from the sump pump for a while, when I got really sick of it,
the power came on again. A lot of people weren't so lucky.
The reason why it could have been a lot worse, was that we had a minor
drought and the soil was bone dry. (0.5 inches in March) So, no damage here,
thanks for asking.
Godi zone 7
Mt. Vernon, VA