Re: revelation

typical marketing technique Donna. When you are on top you grab shelf space with variety to prevent the competition from getting it. Take a look at P&G laundry detergents at your local grocery and see how much shelf space they have compared to competitors. They fill the space with various scents, non scented, stain lifter, bleach alternative, and then repeat that with each of the many brands they make - not because we need it, but to keep the others out.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 8:19 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] revelation

Speaking of roundup!

Since I have had my fill of weeding already, I decided
to buy some for open areas that need to be dealt with.
What happened to just regular roundup- now they have
a zillion and one kinds out there. Ones that work in
rain? super strength- fancy pumpers that you don't
have to squeeze a million times, and pre-mix-
concentrated versions... geesh.

Anyways, tomorrow I will be whining here - John got
home early and decided to help.... he was spraying
roundup for hours.... wonder how many plants I will
loose?

Donna

RoundUp was created to kill grass; judiciously
applied, it still does.

On Jun 29, 2006, at 4:24 PM, Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95
CG/SCSRT wrote:

> What's that saying...One year's seed, seven years
weeds?
> I'll be fighting grass for a long time since I let
it get so out of
> control
> in the vegetable garden last year. I tried that
supposedly selective
> grass
> herbicide one year, just a small spot in my
ornamental garden, to see
> if it
> would work...killed off everything in the area
except the grass. The
> corn
> gluten meal worked to a very limited extent, and
you have to keep
> applying
> it. So it's hand-pulling from now on. What else
would I do with my