Re: weeds

Growing up in Florida, I never saw a peony until I married
and visited my in-laws in Ohio.  Lilacs and tulips were
also unknown.  My grandmother, who had been an child
in Northern New York, used to tell me about lilacs, but
in later years I tried to send them to her, but they didn't
ever survive.  I remember the first time I ever saw a tulip,
a local grower brought a pot of tulips in to the elementary
school class. He told us that they had been refrigerated,
because they needed a cold period to grow, but that
they would not grow in our area.  The only daffodils that
grew were paper-white narcissus.  Others needed more
cold.
Auralie

In a message dated 06/01/2007 5:16:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,