Re: yesterdays gardening

> I believe it is in the loosestrife family. I know I didn't plant it
> there since it is in the pink bed and I definately wouldn't have put a
> yellow flowering plant there....nor does it have a tag....so...
>

> Upon searching on the internet, it claims non-invasive...hum.... it's here, I didn't plant it!.....
>
> So, thoughts folks, do I yank it out now or keep it and move it to that color bed?
>
> http://snipurl.com/1n4kp

I agree with Kitty; it's probably Lysimachia punctata.  I've had several come
up as seedlings from neighbor's gardens and in the soil from prairie plants
that I've purchased (despite it being non-native).

Like the big bad purple loosestrife, it doesn't really seem invasive in
the garden -- the seeds get carried for a bit and new plants appear far
away from you.

Personally, I would yank it because it's a naturalized weed in the US.  :)

Chris

http://www.bonvivantnursery.com/                     Bon Vivant Nursery
http://www.hort.net/gallery/      4091 online plant photos and growing!
http://www.hort.net/gallery/date/2007-05-28/       The latest additions