From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 2:37 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] The First Zucchini; first tomato

Know what you mean about water bills. We have a well, so ours turns up
on the electric bill--which is not as great an increase with usage, but
doubly worrisome in times of drought.

We've harvested a few jalapenos so far and one "Corno di Toro", which we
picked green for a salad. You wouldn't believe how sweet it is even when
it's green. Can't imagine what it'll be like when it turns red.
You should try this one, Pam. It's touted as the largest non-bell sweet
pepper. Its was introduced by Seeds of Change a few years ago and is
really a keeper. This year we have only one plant, but I want to be sure
to plant a companion this fall.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W