Re: The First Zucchini; first tomato

Two, Kitty--although fall and spring sometimes overlap and one planting suffices. I'll have wild tomatoes until August then nothing until, say, October-November.

Yeah. Some "cool" season vegetables don't do very well here at all. Most head lettuce, for example, are more trouble than they're worth. In fact, most head anythings [cabbage, brussels sprouts, radicchio] bolt before they mature. But some that are typically associated with cool--collards, bok choy, romaine--do fine two, sometimes three, times a year.

Neat about the sweet baby girl. When they begin to ripen, let me know and I'll come up and help you dispose of them.