Re: Invasion

Good thing you caught them. A pair of wrens nested in a hanging basket in my greenhouse. Not only did they scare me half to death when I watered the basket, I felt sorry for the darned things and didn't water again until the babes fledged this week. The plants, of course, are compost.

To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2007 1:58 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Invasion

Someone must've chalked an "X" on the front of our house. Now we're being invaded by birds. We usually have the garage door open during the day so the cats can come and go as they please without assistance from staff. Well, this afternoon, I was sitting on the front patio and admiring all the flowers and exotic foliage when I noticed a pair of red-eyed vireos industriously building a nest in the garage. So I waited until the newlyweds were both off gathering twigs and such and shut the door.