Re: overwhelmed was: ants

OUTSTANDING!  It's about TIME.

  Guess you've seen this

http://snipurl.com/1cavw

On Jun 12, 2007, at 2:30 AM, Marge Talt wrote:

> Lordy, friends, I'm overwhelmed by the welcome back....not sure I'm
> "back" but do have a breather here for a bit.
>
> Auralie, only wish I had things under control...it's nose above water
> time, as usual, but there is a glimmer of light at the end of that
> looooong tunnel:-)
>
> Donna, been potting my brains out every spare minute; hundreds potted
> and haven't made a noticeable dent. As soon as I can get some deer
> fencing up, will start bagging and schlepping and putting plants in a
> holding area. Am so excited about the pond; have wanted one for
> about 35 years:-) It's not all that large - spring fed - about 30 x
> 75 and I intend to at least double the size if it looks like the
> spring will produce enough water to fill it and keep it filled.
>
> Bonnie, property is basically wooded with about an acre cleared; has
> well, septic and drive (long about 800') already in as it had been
> sold before to someone who had a doublewide on it and seller had to
> foreclose for non-payment. Master plan is to get this place sold;
> new one built; us moved and me retired and this business closed down;
> take a year off of gainful employment and see if I still have a life
> out there somewhere and decide what I want to do, if anything, when I
> grow up:-)
>
> Cyndi - have some pix from several months ago - snow still on ground.
> Am going out there tomorrow with camera if I can remember to take
> any shots when I'm there; have forgotten last several times I've been
> out. If I do, will try to get some posted somewhere.
>
> Judy B - time is still the major issue on all fronts; simply NOT
> enough of it in the day and night. Move is progressing with snail
> like speed but have made first hurdle which was finding a property
> that suited us and we could afford and buying it....spent incredible
> hours searching for same..so getting this step complete is a major
> relief.
>
> Rich - canning my current non-stop work schedule is a major goal so I
> CAN have some time and some fun building a new garden. Major
> congrats on your daughter's wedding - a big step in all your lives, I
> know. It's gonna be fine...all you gotta do is stand there and grin
> while she walks down the aisle:-)
>
> Kitty.....furnace? Well currently we have an oil fired boiler - hot
> water baseboard with 8 zones and enough copper pipe to build a
> battleship, I think. What I want - if I can manage it - is
> geothermal -radiant floor and passive solar backed up with a
> soapstone wood stove + photovoltaic solar on the grid to offset
> electric costs - major goal is getting out from under the assorted
> thumbs of the utility companies to whom I basically owe my soul in
> this house...we shall see how far I can get on that wish list:-)
>
> Someone on this list has geothermal, I think....need to pick brains
> of whomever that is; sorry what passes for my mind can't remember
> right now...gettin' so I can hardly remember my own name:-)

> [...]
Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10
Heat Zone 10
Sunset Zone 25
Minimum 30 F [-1 C]
Maximum 100 F [38 C]

Jesse R. Bell

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.
I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends
and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that.
That's what's insane about it."  -  John Lennon