Re: Cat News

Everything does have its place...that is for sure. I love the hawks out
here, and I wince when I see them pick up a small bunny from the
pasture, but it's what they do. They also carry away snakes, field rats
and mice.

Zemuly Sanders <zemuly@comcast.net> wrote:  I am now down to only two outside cats. I have lost 5 more this spring.
The total loss for the town is about 20. We have a pack of coyotes, and
they are eating them all. The mayor has declared open seaon on the coyotes,
but I'm not sure that is a very good idea considering the mind set of most
people here where firearms are concerned. I have two outside cats
remaining. So far they have stayed in my small (high) fenced back yard. I
am still feeding 3-4 cats at the abandoned house around the corner. This
has been a bad year for cats in LaGrange.

The upside of having fewer cats in town is that we are suddenly having more
birds. The downside is we are also seeing more squirrels, snakes and mice.
I'm hoping people around here might notice the interconnectedness (?) of
life around us, but I know that's just wishful thinking...
zone 7
West TN

Jesse R. Bell

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.
I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends
and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that.
That's what's insane about it."  -  John Lennon