Re: Mowing his lawn...

that's just nothing but funny....lol!!!
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 11:03 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Mowing his lawn...

It's raining, see. But the genius across the street always mows his lawn on Wednesday morning, so he was out there riding around on his mower with a rain hat and poncho on. So what did he do when he finished putting ruts in the lawn? Well, he got the blower out. He always blows off his driveway after he mows. I don't know why. Except today, in the rain, apparently the grass resisted blowing because he worked at it for about 15 minutes without moving so much as a foot down the drive... and gave up.

This is the same person who has a hibiscus trimmed into a perfect ball in his front yard. Once, when I worked at the nursery, a colleague [Chuck, who was driving a nursery truck] stopped by and as we were chatting, the guy came over and asked Chuck why his hibiscus never bloomed. Chuck looked at it and said, "You prune it too much. It blooms on new wood, and it looks like you cut all the new wood off." The guy said thanks.

Next day he was back out with electric hedge clippers, trimming his hibiscus ball.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10