Re: two pictures- one for ID, one for Auralie

Re the phlox...it's my impression that you should remove the green stalk as it will be stronger and take more of the plant's energy to the detriment of the variegated part. And the all-white stalk will be weak due to lack of chlorophyl so should also be removed. Anyone else familiar with this?

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: "gardenchat list" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 2:01 PM
Subject: [CHAT] two pictures- one for ID, one for Auralie

I uploaded two pictures today in yahoo.

Auralie, this picture is for you-- note that my variegated phlox now has
three color leaves- the orginial form, one stalk is solid gree adn the
other is solid white..... all from same root!

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/gossiper@sbcglobal.net/photo/294928804427081056/0

the other picture I need help with.

I bought this at the farmers market on impulse. Of course, lady didnt'
know the name, but that is flowers all summer, likes dry and full
sun..... and couldn't get husband on cellphone to tell her the name
since she couldn't remember... so?

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/gossiper@sbcglobal.net/album/576460762359382117/photo/294928804427096375/13

TIA
Donna