Re: lungwort powdery mildew

For the fist year we are having powdery mildew on my pulmonaria in the garden. One that I had always thought immune has it as well on some plants, but not in other locations. One... Victorian Brooch does not seem to be touched in any way. I believe it is the hard time the had this late winter.. warm up and then quick freeze twice... then we went into drought and have stayed there. Dragging the hoses and sprinklers around again this week and have been for 3 weeks now.
   Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

Subject: [CHAT] lungwort powdery mildew

I've never had a Pulmonaria get powdery mildew b4, but this one seems to have it bad. I see new clean leaves coming out. Would it be ok to just remove all the old leaves rather than mess around w sprays and such that would only provide minimal success and still allow the fungal problem to hang around?
neIN, Zone 5