Re: lungwort powdery mildew

This one is P. Smokey Blue and it's the only one with the problem. Hwvr, I don't know if it is due to the variety or due to its location. It had been so vigorous in previous years but this year it's much less dense and has PM. Might just go ahead and cut back. Thanks all.

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@hort.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] lungwort powdery mildew

P. 'Mrs. Moon', of which I have thousands as it is a groundcover
always gets powdery mildew around here.  Doesn't seem to bother the
plants and if it's where it bothers me, I just whack them back.
Often do that this time of year anyway.  They put out new foliage.
Hot and dry or cold and dry can cause this...not worth spraying.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Shadyside Garden Designs

From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>

I've never had a Pulmonaria get powdery mildew b4, but this one
seems to
have it bad.  I see new clean leaves coming out.  Would it be ok to
remove all the old leaves rather than mess around w sprays and such
would only provide minimal success and still allow the fungal
problem to
hang around?
neIN, Zone 5