Re: Crab watch

AREN'T THEY THE COOLEST CRITTERS? I used to have them when I was in high
school. I'd even carry them around in my pockets for awhile. I spent
HOURS watching them and messing around with them. If you get to see them
change shells...it's really cool. The part of the body you don't see
looks so ODD! Almost like a grub or something.

  Ms Fatma is baby-sitting a hermit crab this summer. A week or so ago we
noticed that it seemed a bit large for its shell, so we purchased a
larger one at a local souvenir shop. For the first few days, it dragged
the new shell all around its tank--into its water bowl, into its food
bowl--like it was introducing a new chum to the neighborhood. Well,
last night, it parked next to the new shell, opening to opening. We
think, maybe, it's going to move into the larger shell today or
tonight.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10
Heat Zone 10
Sunset Zone 25
Minimum 30 F [-1 C]
Maximum 100 F [38 C]

Jesse R. Bell

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.
I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends
and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that.
That's what's insane about it."  -  John Lennon