From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 5:23 AM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Crab watch

Ms Fatma is baby-sitting a hermit crab this summer. A week or so ago we
noticed that it seemed a bit large for its shell, so we purchased a
larger one at a local souvenir shop. For the first few days, it dragged
the new shell all around its tank--into its water bowl, into its food
bowl--like it was introducing a new chum to the neighborhood. Well, last
night, it parked next to the new shell, opening to opening. We think,
maybe, it's going to move into the larger shell today or tonight.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10