Re: OK, so I have

Wow- that all sounds fabulous!!

Andrea Hodges wrote:
some exciting news. I asked about the MG curriculum last week or whenever it
was because I've been given the "go-ahead" by our local technical college to
teach pretty much whatever I want to when it comes to gardening classes. I
just got the word yesterday that my schedule looks great and we're on. I start
in September- this is for continuing education so no credit and much less
formal than any horticulture 101 classes. For fall I'm going to do  a couple
of short classes called the Transplanted Gardener for those new to the coastal
south or just new to gardening. Then a longer version of that called the
Coastal Gardener that will run one night a week for 10 weeks so we can get
more in depth. I'm also going to do a couple of Landscape Plant Materials
classes so I can hopefully get some people to realize that Live Oaks are NOT
parking lot trees and that Crape Myrtles should never be hacked into stumps.
I'm very excited about it. IN the spring I get to use the college's greenhouse
and plan to so a plant propagation class and a few others.

Also-it's looking really good that I'll get to go to the British Virgin
Islands Oct 3-13 to do a tropical ecology study for my degree (which means I
won't have to take statistics my advisor has informed me, praise the Lord!)
So, I'm just all excited. Oh and the last week of July I get to go to San
Diego and work is actually paying for the whole thing! I can hardly stand
myself. LOL!
Andrea Hodges
Beaufort, SC