Another weekend

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Another weekend
  • From: "Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:51:44 -0700

We went to the mountains again over the weekend and didn't get back till
about 7:30 last night but I did a lightning check through the veggie
garden. Had a couple huge zucchini, I picked them Friday morning before
we left but you know how they are. And I am pretty sure I have two
tomato plants with curly-top disease. I usually lose a couple and I have
been looking at these, but I just wasn't sure. After a couple days away
I looked at them fresh and went "Uh oh". I'll have to dig them out.
There are a few green beans ready for picking, but it will be a week
before I need to do any canning.
My husband trained on cross-cut sawing and while he was in class I rode
with the other volunteers packing in equipment to a wilderness campsite.
I didn't go the last mile since my sister, who's been riding in the
wilderness a zillion years, said the trail was scary. She didn't need to
urge me to wait at the pretty meadow with a lake, couple other people
stayed behind too, we had a nice lunch. My horse threw a shoe at the
very end of the ride so I didn't ride Sunday; I'm sure the horse did not
mind, he wanted to get back to camp in the worst way on Saturday and was
letting me know it.
We'll be at home during the entire 4th of July week and I can't wait. I
have big plans, about 25% of which will get done, but hopefully there
will be noticeable improvement in the front yard. Hurry up Friday!