To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 11:00 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] This is summer?

Summer is here in ETN. It is actually more like August than June...hot and
very dry...worst drought in 114 years.  Also, thought this
interesting...latest deep freeze in April in 114 years.  Usually, we use
April 15 as the last frost.

This weekend, the Friends of the UT Trial Gardens had their annual "Blooms
Day".  I attended on Saturday to get in some of the lectures and on Sunday
to volunteer some hours.

About the fence, what about things with thorns...cactus or berries?  Even
roses?  The Trial Gardens has a "Rattlesnake plant" that has a nasty thorn
but very interesting color and structure.