Re: 20-year Bromeliad

Not to my recollection. Once is it, I think.

On Jun 25, 2007, at 3:35 PM, Cathy Carpenter wrote:

But does the mother plant ever bloom again?

Cathy, west central IL, z5b

On Jun 25, 2007, at 6:47 AM, james singer wrote:

Yep, this one's like that--except when a pineapple flowers/fruits
the plant grows offsets at the same time and the mother plant
deteriorates rather quickly once the fruit is ripe. With this
plant, the mother plant hangs around for a couple of years before
it really declines. We have another bromeliad--don't know the
botanical, but it has the same general structure as A. fasciata--
that the mother plants last a very long time, 5-6 years, after