ilex honey maid

Rare Find sent me a $10 certificate & a $3 check because they'd forgotten to apply my catalog purchase cost to my order this spring for Calycanthus hartlage Wine. Well, we know they do those things just to get you to buy more...and it works.

I had previously ordered wholesale Ilex Honey Maid planning to get one for myself, but it got cancelled by the grower. So since RF had it and I knew it would be much larger than the wholesale ones, I ordered it and a Tricyrtis Moonlight Treasure I've been coveting for a couple of years. They arrived today and are both gorgeous specimens. I. HM is a variegated Blue Holly which should be easily pollinated by my Blue Prince.

Speaking of pollinators...the new pollinator postage stamps are due out this week. Cathy - there is a bat on one of them.

neIN, Zone 5