Re: Walking iris

We had a nice little TS earlier today--lasted about an hour. That ought to make the palms happy.

On Jun 27, 2007, at 7:03 PM, Donna wrote:

well most of the rain missed me earlier.... just half mile away while driving home it was pouring, but here just a drizzle.

I was about to go out and water, but now it is pouring!.... could do
without the mass rain, a soaking one without the lightening and thunder
would have been nice.... but not complaining... we need rain in any
form!

Donna

----- Original Message ----
From: Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 5:54:05 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Walking iris

Cripes - we just had the second big storm of the day pass through. So much lightning and thunder you couldn't hear your self think. I'm about to go out and check for damage. A couple hits were really, really close. Sugar's
under the bed bless her heart.  3 inches at least so far today.

No kidding. They have had several rescues this week of people being
washed away in cars and nearly drowned because the rivers just overflow so suddenly or a piece of the road washes out from under them. I tell my
girls if they see ANY kind of major water over the roads to "turn
around-don't drown". It's just not worth it to try. Just a half mile
from my place is a horse race track and there is a pond there that
overflowed, took out the fence, washed across a 4-lane highway and
almost flooded a farm across the way. I'm so GLAD we live high on a
hill.

Theresa W <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Jesse- please build and ARK, and arc won't be enough to keep your feet
dry with all the rain you are getting! : )

Theresa

Jesse Bell wrote:
NO KIDDING!! I guess gardeners have a different perspective on life in general! Sometimes, I think my husband thinks I'm one slice short of a
loaf! I just see things differently than he does!

Jess - where I'm building an arc now....

james singer wrote:
I sorta like the way it's almost symmetrical but not--like the rest of
life, 15 degrees off center. :>)