Re: Re: 2009 perennial

Hakone grass is driving us crazy in the nursery. This year we ordered Aureola again and it was a disaster... we do not have a single plant alive. Three years ago they were fantastic. I think it has something to do with the tissue culture process and the plants being pushed too hard from one transplant to the next. Doubt it is your "fault". This is the second time we have had a complete failure with hakone grass.

Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

I ordered some of these Hakonechloa macra 'Auriola' in wholesale. They just had a small bit of growth, but I was hopeful. However, they just aren't doing well at all, possibly too much water, but I try to be careful about that. Not sure I'll carry this next year, though I do like the plant.

Kitty