Re: Black Lace Sambucus

My Gerda is still pretty dark, no suckers yet.
Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 7:32 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Black Lace Sambucus

Tricia.... or anyone...

Just how much suckering is yours doing? Is it staying right next to the
plant or all over? How long have you had it? Is it keeping it's dark
leaves or do you find the species showing up in it?

I had thought about buying this last year. Read somewhere that if not in
the right conditions it would be more dark green rather than the
black/purple... also that it might end up running thru a large area.

 Donna

Patricia <pdickson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
 It is a beautiful specimen.
Tricia
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kitty"
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2008 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Out & About...

That's exactly how they market S.n. Black Lace, "...reminiscent of a
Japanese Maple with its lacy purple-black foliage." - This from the
wholesaler's catalog when they debuted S.n.'Eva' a couple of years ago.
It's on the cover of their catalog.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Patricia"

Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 10:22 PM

I have this plant, Sambucus nigra "Eva" It is so beautiful. It has
started
to come up all around it .. little babies but I don't mind, I would love
try moving some to other places in the yard. I did try root pruning it
this
year to see if I can move some successfully.
In western Oklahoma I think of it as my Japanese Maple that I can't grow.
have mine in a lot of shade and maybe it would flower better if it had
more
sun... but it would need more water then.
Tricia
----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer"