Re: weather

Has anybody heard from Melody? I thought about her when the terrible tornadoes struck Iowa.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 9:11 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weather

Been a wild year already and today is the first day of hurricane season. I hope that doesn't bode ill for our friends on the Atlantic and Gulf coasts. Auralie, you sound like you're in the same loop we were. Our drought lasted
2 1/2 years until we got 30 inches of rain last June.  That's normally as
much as we get in a year. I hope the end of your drought is forthcoming and
a good deal less drastic.  A year's worth of rain in 4 weeks is definitely
overkill.

I just got down from the roof with 3 sacksful of maple seeds.  Yes,
Auralie, they said the furthest east tornado fizzled out at the Ohio border.
 I think we got everyone's rain Fri night.  It poured from 7pm until
sometime early the next morning.  We needed rain but not that much.  Next
time I'll just tell the rain gods to take it your way.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5