To: "gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 1:42 PM
Subject: [CHAT] News

My good friend and sometimes supervisor at The Home Depot has been transferred to Lompoc, CA. Actually, her husband has been transferred, and she is going
with him.  The result is that I will be the new livegoods manager for the
store. I know from experience that the paperwork part of the job will only involve following a predetermined protocol. The really fun part is working with all those plants and the customers who come to buy them. For the past
two years we have gotten all our annuals from a Tennessee grower, and this
year a lot of them were grown at the greenhouses of my good friend, and former employer, here in LaGrange. In fact, I met Lynda Young at Sunnycreek. It's owner is also the regional salesmanager for Pope's, which is in Merryville, TN. I know my new position will be a good fit because I already know all the vendors, and I've met the growers, too. I'm looking forward to having a very good time. I think I told you all about the cats that had come to live at the HD garden center. Well, one in particular has become a real celebrity. He greets all our customers, and they have donated lots of food. Everybody at the store likes the cats, and the employees donated enough money to get the male neutered . This Wednesday the little female, who was a lot shyer, and harder to tame, than her littermate, is getting spayed thanks to more employee contributions. The Animal Protection Association in Memphis only charged $40 to neuter Alphonse and give him his basic shots. Hermione will only cost $45.
I am very grateful.  The cats saved the store several thousand dollars in
mouse and bird damage over the winter.
zone 7
West TN

12:25 PM