Re: sun or shade?

Thanks, Rich.  I had no idea.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Apking" <redfour@omni-tech.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 10:24 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] sun or shade?

Hi Zem, maybe you ought to try older pennies, 10 years old or older,
since the new ones aren't made of copper.  They are a base metal with a
copper plating.  Not sure that will have any effect, but the older ones
should last a lot longer.

Zemuly Sanders wrote:
Try putting new copper pennies in the birdbath.   Something with the
copper ions prevents the growth of algae.
zem