To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: 2009 perennial

You seem to have hit the nail on the head! Amazing how many of the
widely advertised perennials seem incredibly "persnickety".
Cathy
On Jun 2, 2008, at 1:26 PM, Gene Bush wrote:

Cathy,
  One of our biggest problems with Rozanne was growing them on to
were they were big enough to come out and play in our customers
gardens. We tried purchasing in the fall and growing on for sale the
next spring and found we lost most of them over winter in
containers. So, we tried getting them early as we could and growing
them on before shipping for at least 3 months. Simply put, we found
Rozanne a "difficult" geranium to handle. Also it is slow to awaken
each spring. Most gardeners have finished buying in garden centers
before Rozanne really gets started unless gown on under lights and
heat.. and that one is getting prohibitive.
  Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: "cathy carpenter" <cathycrc@comcast.net

I've had more trouble with Rozanne. The two I got from Gene
several  years ago are thriving, but I have lost a couple newer
plants. Maybe  it is the same issue. I have one 'Auriola' that is
thriving, a second,  purchased in the same year that is struggling.
You never know,  especially those of us that do not buy large
quantities.

cathy carpenter
west central IL, z5b