Re: poppy root cuttings

I may have done that accidentally. I have a pretty salmon colored oriental that has 2 "babies". I thought it just happened, but I have dug some things around it & probably cut some roots in the process. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 4:01 PM
Subject: [CHAT] poppy root cuttings

Has anyone ever propagated Oriental Poppies by root cuttings? It's supposed to be easy, but I've never tried. I think it's done when dormant, but is that in the lull of summer before new growth starts up or in the fall? Anyone know a good site that illustrates the process? I've never tried root cuttings before.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5