Re: digging, digging

Could you bottle some of that energy you have and send it to me? I am so
far behind this year, I may never catch up. Life is just too busy and I
get tired way too fast.....

  Donna

"Theresa G." <macycat3@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  So a couple of weeks ago I swore I was done planting or transplanting
for the year since it was 104. But then is has been only in the 70's
and 80's since. So, last weekend, I dug out several of the plants that
were too crowded, didn't like, not enough sun, or just wanted a change.
Out went the Gloire de Dijon climbing rose (just never liked it that
much), bonica rose (too much shade now), and another pink hybrid that
annoyed me because after flowering it took forever to drop all of the
crappy looking dead petals. Oh, I also dug out a yellow carpet rose
too, and a geum, and some type of tree/shrub that just never did very
well. I still need to dig out a huge zebra grass (it is just too huge
for my little garden, and besides if flops over halfway thru summer and
then isn't so great looking)- but that is a project for another
weekend. I've given everything to various friends who have more space
and far fewer plants that I do, so at least they all have homes. I did
go buy a purple fountain grass- love them and the one I had died over
winter a couple of years ago. Not planning on buying anything else,
other than some type of climber to replace the one rose. I'm thinking
about something more tropical- maybe a mandevilla or bouganvilla??
Anyone have other suggestions?

Theresa