From: Chris <chrispn@optonline.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Saturday, June 7, 2008 4:10:26 PM
Subject: RE:
[CHAT] water canna

David,

I always put one or two pots of canna in the water
garden on my deck.  I
submerge the pots just beneath the water.  Make sure
that you cover the
surface of the medium in the pot with sand or gravel so
that no potting
medium floats up.  It is better to use a mix made for
waterlilies.  There
should be no perlite in that mix.

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York