Re: deadheading

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: deadheading
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 21:41:50 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=ucwdSz87lumMirHNmNo0Ql9n/VGKR2DL8FG+ggj23Qg=; b=Mv9pT9uaIVVVTglxmyKRqh0jq/GPwP8QTxs12OrBAjzGfoyoDXwzmLSLVFDRPrZIyK BWfuxlfi+MZYZKApRliifTxTxdiU26HgBz+MRyYPPcK1YTu4ho9QB3FJQwtddtt216g0 TJyNFZ54dftIdWbWvRmCIPUWk8Xh163mo1aP0=

Most plants in the daisy family will benefit from and bloom more from
deadheading.  Don't grow the other two, so will let the others chime in.  Of
course you should ask, what are we here for??  :-)

On 6/7/08, David Franzman <dfranzma@pacbell.net> wrote:
> Ok, I am really focusing on my own garden now which is cool but I'm afraid
> have to bother you folks with a lot of questions.  In the matter of
> deadheading is there some kind of rule for which plants benefit and which
> do
> not?  Hibs don't need it to continue blooming.  But what about daisys, bird
> of
> paradise or dahlias?  And if somebody knows a rule could you share?
> David

Pam Evans
Kemp TX
zone 8A