E.T. update

We've had E.T. for more than a month, and things haven't been going very well.
When he gets into the house, he goes straight for Diesel, and he tries to get
at both cats through the screens when they're out on the porch.

So - I brought pictures of all the boys to an animal psychic yesterday. It was
interesting. The psychic knew that Dreyfuss (the dog) had trouble walking,
wasn't in pain, but didn't know why he couldn't walk well, and that he tired
easily from it. Dreyfuss has bad nerves in his spine (presumably
Daschund-spine related, even though he's not a purebred. ) The vet says that
he's not in pain, but he has trouble coordinating his feet, and often sways
and goes down now.

The animal psychic said that E.T. was only bullying because he was frightened
- that acting first was how he survived being on his own for so long. (And he
is truly a battle-scarred veteran, though the pictures didn't show that). He
made some suggestions about giving ET a job (garden watchdog) and giving him
more time to adapt. He also said that ET was embarrassed and confused that he
had no hair (though it didn't really show in the photos that he'd been shaved.

He told me that Diesel was not ill, but was stressed and needed extra
attention. That confirmed what the vet had told me last week. He also gave
suggestions about what Diesel said would make him more comfortable.

We'll see.

It was an interesting experience.