Good weather here

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Good weather here
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CG/SCSRT" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 08:07:08 -0700

I'm glad to hear everyone is okay. I was thinking about y'all when I
heard the weather reports from the Midwest.
It was in the high 80s - low 90s here. The wind finally died out some so
we had a great weekend weatherwise. I did not make it into the garden
though, had to go to a baby shower for my niece on Saturday and we went
riding Sunday. I thought it would be a nice couple hours amble up
through the canyon to the ridge but the woman we went with had other
ideas, and seven riders ended up bushwhacking our way through some very
overgrown trail (in addition to some other incidents). No one got hurt,
it appears not to be tick season, and neither husband nor I show any
effects from the poison oak we had to force our way through.  But I
dunno - the last time we went out with her there were bits of drama too.
I'm not fond of drama when I'm riding.
My peas are definitely over  and the lettuce is starting to bolt,
although I might get another week picking that if I'm lucky. Tomatoes,
peppers, and zucchini look good; in fact we may be able to start picking
zucchini in another week. "Oh good" husband says unconvincingly, but I'm
looking forward to it.
I did some cleanup in the front garden last weekend and it went pretty
well. Everytime I get to work on it I think cleanup won't be as bad as
it looks, I just need TIME. I haven't done much in the evenings like I
thought I would, I gotta fight this tendency to come home and collapse
on the couch.