Re: water canna

hum..... my lilies are in over 3ft of water and don't have any issues.  But they are hardy lillies, not tropical.

  Donna

cathy carpenter <cathycrc@comcast.net> wrote:
  Agree with that - my lilies are all at at least 3 ft depth. Most
marginal water plants - canna, taro, iris, pickerel weed, etc like no
more than a couple inches over their roots. I am losing some this year
as the rain has put water way over the normal levels in my farm pond.
Cathy
On Jun 8, 2008, at 6:41 AM, DP wrote:

> David,
>
> Most water lilies can stand a 3' depth once they've got some growth.
> Try submerging it to the bottom and see whether the leaves don't
> head for the surface in a day or two. Then you'll have the stand for
> your Canna.

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Franzman" > >
> Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2008 7:39 PM
> Subject: Re: [CHAT] water canna
>

>> Hey everybody
>> Well that's about what I thought...you all seem to be on the
>> same page. My problem is that my pond doesn't really lend itself
>> to only
>> submerging part of the pot or even the whole thing because it's 3'
>> deep with
>> no edges. I do have water lillies but the pot is on a stand
>> however, more
>> than one stand in the pond I'm afraid would look goofy I think.
>> Thanks for the
>> help.
>> David

cathy carpenter