Re: anyone heard from.....

I'm okay, and am trying to reach Melody.  The Iowa River runs about a mile
east of Hills where she lives.  When I came into Cedar Rapids for work
this morning, the river was 3 miles wide in places.  My company is
evacuating and cutting power to several of our buildings, and bridges are
being washed away here in east central Iowa.  Lots of people are taking
off work, helping grandparents, neighbors, etc. move furniture upstairs or
to higher ground.  Enough roads are flooded that trying to get anywhere is
difficult.  My rain gauge had another 2 inches in it this morning, and
it's still raining now.

Ceres is near Des Moines, which is also flooding.  I haven't seen her post
here for a very long time - hope she's okay.  The U of Iowa Hospitals
where Melody works is on high ground, but the surrounding areas of the
University are deluged.  Most areas are already above flood stage, and
it's not supposed to crest until Sunday or Monday.  This is lots worse
than in 1993.  Great time for me to move to six acres on a lake!!
Mardi
Solon, Ia z5

Donna <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>
Sent by: owner-gardenchat@hort.net
06/11/2008 01:15 PM
Please respond to
gardenchat@hort.net

gardenchat@hort.net
cc

Subject
Re: [CHAT] anyone heard from.....

We also have to worry about Melody and Mardi..... Iowa and Mason City
(maybe more) are flooded. I think they live close to those??

  Donna

Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com> wrote:
  Kitty we've heard from, but not Gene. Hope all are well w/ this crazy
weather. Wish the rain would go visit Auralie and Daryl. They would
welcome it (w/out the twirlies of course).
We could use some here, but not as bad as they need it back East.

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX