Re: Questions about the Springfield, Ill area

this may help you as I have a response from my friend:

  As for what your friend could do, depending on interests:
Abraham Lincoln sites (museum, house, tomb - special flag ceremony on
Tues. evenings, New Salem, Old State Capitol, train depot; maybe law
office, chuch and bank ledger)

        Dana-Thomas Home (Frank Lloyd Wright designed)
        Vachel Lindsay home
        Shea's Gas Station (Route 66 memorabilia)
        Route 66 Mother Road Festival (Sept. 26-28)
        Thomas Rees Carillion (free concerts)
        Taste of Downtown (July 12)
        State Fair (August 9-17)
        The Muni (outdoor theater)
        Route 66 Drive-In (two screens)
        LPGA State Farm Classic (July 17-20)
        Taylorville's Christian County Courthouse and frequent events around its square
        Farmers Market (Wed and Sat mornings)
There are LOTS of other things of interest, but these are the top ones.
Museums and memorials abound here. And this year we are commemorating
the 1908 Race Riot, which lead to the formation of the NAACP. Several
good nature spots and gardens too.

  Or did she mean restaurants, places to rent, etc?

  SuzyQ

Patricia <pdickson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  My husband just told me that he is going to be working around Springfield,
Ill or Taylorville, Ill for 6 months.
Do any of you have any advise? I can't go until I finish 2 more weeks in
this sling then 6 weeks of Physical therapy.
Does anyone know of an area to avoid... or to not miss.
Thank you in advance,
Tricia