From: Vera Metzke [mailto: vmetzke@gmail.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:51:05 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] anyone heard from.....

Mardi,<br>My Sisters are in Iowa City. One is just North of the
auditorium - they<br>have been evacuated. The other is in safer area
more south and west. Have<br>they opened up the reservoir yet? They told
her she would be un-housed for<br>probably 8 weeks if no more
<mlrasmus@rockwellcollins.com> wrote:<br><br>> I'm okay, and am trying
to reach Melody. The Iowa River runs about a mile<br>> east of Hills
where she lives. When I came into Cedar Rapids for work<br>> this
morning, the river was 3 miles wide in places. My company is<br>>
evacuating and cutting power to several of our buildings, and bridges
are<br>> being washed away here in east central Iowa. Lots of people are
taking<br>> off work, helping grandparents, neighbors, etc. move
furniture upstairs or<br>> to higher ground. Enough roads are flooded
that trying to get anywhere is<br>> difficult. My rain gauge had another
2 inches in it this morning,

which is also flooding. I haven't seen her post<br>> here for a very
long time - hope she's okay. The U of Iowa Hospitals<br>> where Melody
works is on high ground, but the surrounding areas of the<br>>
University are deluged. Most areas are already above flood stage,
and<br>> it's not supposed to crest until Sunday or Monday. This is lots
worse<br>> than in 1993. Great time for me to move to six acres on a
lake!!<br>> Mardi<br>> Solon, Ia
<gossiper@sbcglobal.net><br>> Sent by: owner-gardenchat@hort.net<br>>
06/11/2008 01:15 PM<br>> Please respond to<br>>
Melody and Mardi..... Iowa and Mason City<br>> (maybe more) are flooded.
I think they live close to

wrote:<br>> Kitty we've heard from, but not Gene. Hope all are well w/
this crazy<br>> weather. Wish the rain would go visit Auralie and Daryl.
They would<br>> welcome it (w/out the twirlies of course).<br>> We could
On 6/11/08, Donna wrote:<br>> ><br>> > our members in Iowa? Wisconsin?
Indiana?<br>> ><br>> > All the states around me are flooded according to
the news reports. OK,<br>> > areas of them, but we do have alot of
members everywhere!<br>> ><br>> > and of course, the heat wave in the
I am hoping to get out of work early today and get the yard cleaned
up<br>> > before the wind predicted tomorrow projects it into
something....not to<br>> > mention all the other garbage I have to get