Re: Donna and tornadoes/OKLA storms

Dont count on the weather cooperating..... It was supposed to dry up
here for the next week..... of course, they are wrong, we are now under
a severe thunderstorm warning... it has already began raining and the
preceding wind was as bad as last weeks... here I go again. sigh.

take care all and stay safe....seems ma nature is attacking everyone
from the fires in California to the flooding in the midwest, to the heat
on the east coast....

  Donna

cathy carpenter <cathycrc@comcast.net> wrote:
  Yep! We have started sandbagging operations to shore up the levees on
our stretch of the Mississippi. Quincy is on a bluff, so the town is
not threatened, but the water treatment facility is. One of our two
bridges is closed because of water on the Missouri side, but the other
is useable as is the new bridge to Hannibal, MO. River is supposed to
crest on Thursday at or above 1993 levels. Just hope our levees hold
this time. No rain predicted for the next several days, but the
humidity is awful, and I'm behind on weeding already. Am trying to
catch up on mail after having daughter, son in law, and two grandsons
visiting for a week. Nice to see them, but also to be getting back to
normal!
cathy carpenter
west central IL, z5b