From: Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
To:
gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 4:39:07 PM
Subject: Re:
[CHAT] which spray or lotion

Yes, but remember, I'm barely a mile from the
lake so humidity is high here
(even during the droughts darn it) and they are
monsters.  Although I
understand the ones in Minnesota are bigger which is
frightening.  One of
our salesmen who lives up there says they call the
mosquito the state bird.
I said, oh dear.  The only good news is their season
is a lot shorter.  We
only get about a 2 to 2 1/2 month reprieve from ours.
But apparently they
are dreadful up there.  He says they call it land of
10,000 lakes and 10
million mosquitoes.  Yikes.  Thank God for Mosquito Dunks
and Deep Woods
Off.

> oh now
come on, don't give us that old "everything in Texas is bigger"
> line! Some
of our Indiana mosguitoes could go proboscis to proboscis with
> yours. And
the smaller ones, well, think about it...with all the moisture
> and humidity
we have here, compared to Kemp, I think ours could outswarm

<gardenqueen@gmail.com>
2008 5:02 PM
> Subject: Re: [CHAT] which spray or lotion
>

> LOL - yeah they
are and I'm a big oil slick.  But mother has dry skin and
>> they love her
too.  Wonder if it's just body chemistry or something. Plus
>> we have BIG
skeeters here man.  Some look like small helicopters, the
>> little

vultures.

>> On 6/17/08, Jesse Bell <silverhawk@flash.net> wrote:
>>

>>> People with oily skin tend to be more prone to skeeter bites.  My twins
>>> are
>>> an
>>> excellent example (fraternal).  One has oily skin (like her
dad) and the
>>> other
>>> has normal skin (like me).  If there is ONE skeeter
in the house...it
>>> will
>>> find the one with oily skin.  They both go to
the lake or the park...one
>>> comes
>>> home with nothing, the other is just
covered in bites.

>>> I used the Listerine
>>> once...and it seemed to
work.  But skeeters aren't a big problem for me
>>> normally.  When I'm at
PAM'S though...good grief...they are EVERYWHERE
>>> and
>>> you
>>> cannot
escape without a few bites.  They are BAD in her back yard.......