Re: gardening question

I'd give them some time, but I think you're right, they'll probably have to come down. On another note, I owe you an apology Donna. A few years back you were bemoaning your weed situation and I recall replying that I have very few weeds. This year it's a totally different story. Mainly maple seedlings and clover, but a few others thrown in. I have spent days pulling the damn stuff, hauling out huge bags of it and I'm still not done.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:42 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] gardening question

LOL!  I must be babbling agin...

Any way to save these trees, especially the red maple? If the main
leader trunk is dead? If I cut it out, it would leave a large U shaped
gap, although the side branches would cover, but I am sure everything
would collect there and infect it anyway...

I was also wondering if this is common in tornado's/hurricanes senerios?
Or do I have other issues out there and it was just timing that caused
it?

 Donna

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
 and your question?