RE: Weather and more

I am glad to hear the foul weather didn't hit your place.

  Sorry to hear about your knee tho.  Do what the doctor and PT folks tell you.... everything else can wait!

  Donna

Chris Petersen <chris@widom-assoc.com> wrote:
  Hi all!

I'm sifting through hundreds of e-mails from all my groups and saw Holli's
message. We had lightning and thunder and a downpour with lights flashing on
and off yesterday. I haven't been outdoors to check if there was any
damage.

I'm upstairs at my computer and will be scooting downstairs on my fanny when
I'm done here. I tore my meniscus in the late winter and had knee surgery
last Friday. I'm not putting much weight on the bad leg yet. So it's sitting
with my leg elevated and reading for me right now. My son came home to keep
an eye on me while his dad is working. He fetches my meals, ice bags, and
has been catching me when I have lost my balance on the crutches! As of
yesterday, I can put some weight on the bad leg and I have gained more
confidence and don't require anyone to follow me to the "facilities" any
more!

The really bad part of this story is that due to the injury my spring
gardening is WAY behind! I have a horticultural society tour coming on July
15th! If I don't feel that I can get things ready by then, I'll have to
cancel. Once I'm able to stand, I have a ton of containers to fill and
gardens to weed!

Some of the new chorale members are panicking because they have been relying
heavily on me for help learning the music for next week's concert. The chair
of our daylily show is also panicking as I'm the co-chair and do most of the
pre-show meeting on Saturday as she doesn't like to talk to large groups! I
plan on finding someone to drive me to the meeting or she will come undone!

I just pray that this surgery will be the end of it! I think that the
injury is mostly job related, although I don't recall that I "hurt" myself.
36 years of sitting in tiny chairs, lifting 4-years that don't want to get
off the floor and join the group, moving all my classroom furniture 4 times
a year so that the floors can be polished, etc. has been tough on the back,
knees, etc.

I'm praying for all of those people affected by the floods.

Take care all,

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)