To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 12:35 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Settling in

Oh- I can sympathize.  I spent part of yesterday installing an outside
canopy for part of my pergola.  What a huge pain in the $#%&.  And now
that it is up, I'm jsut not too thrilled with it.  I used shade cloth
instead of the "sunshade" which is more solid.  Well- rats, the shade
cloth looks kind of cheesy and doesn't block enough of the sun for it to
be comfortable to sit out under after all.  So- I'm thinking of taking
it all down and starting over....Next weekend or maybe the one after that.

On the plus side, I did intall a misting system to the pergola today and
it looks good and works too!

Theresa

james singer wrote:
Finally beginning to feel at home here. Spent most of yesterday and
part of today assembling two chests of drawers from IKEA. They
should've warned me. At the very least, the box should have said "Not
suitable for assembly by persons over 70 years of age." It could've
also said "Having three hands highly recommended." I'm so stiff and
sore I can barely keep my most used body parts in operation.

We won't go into why it took a month for IKEA to deliver the
kits--only to say they are a very difficult company to communicate
with. But now the chests are done and I can load the drawers and quit
living out of suitcases, backpacks, and plastic bags.

Island Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W
Elevation 148'