Re: Settling in

Thanks for the site, Barb. Bookmarked it.

On Jun 23, 2008, at 11:47 AM, <sundrops@earthlink.net> <sundrops@earthlink.net > wrote:

My slogan on the put-together furniture is, if there is a wrong way to do it, I will find it! My analytical mind just seems to abandon me on these projects some times. May I recommend www.homedecorators.com for quite a good selection of knockdown furniture and decent prices, excellent service. Not quite as cheap as Ikea, but I have ordered probably ten pieces from them over the years. --Barb, Grass Valley CA where it is very very smoky from fires higher up in the Sierra, and in Napa County, nothing nearby thank goodness --

----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <islandjim1@comcast.net >
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Settling in

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if they leveled with you up front: "Shipping time: Nearly forever." But they give you this 5-7 business days nonsense, which turns out to be after they find it in a warehouse someplace and transfer it to a commercial trucking company--a process that seems to take 3 or 4 weeks for some reason. Grrr. Anyway, if I'm ever tempted to buy from them again, I'll drive up to the store in Portland and haul it home myself, but for some reason I don't see that happening.