Re: OT - ongoing plumbing saga.

That is just crazy. Of course there are spiders under the house, along with a whole host of other creepy crawling things, spiderweb, dirt, and other decayed things that are no longer identifiable. That is why they wear those jumpsuit-looking things to keep as much off them as possible. I'm afraid I would have laughed if a plumber said that to me. I would have thought it was a joke@

Pam Evans wrote:
Well, the plumber finally came out today (my neighbor was home so he was
"babysitting") and get this.  He calls me and says - ma'am, you have spiders
under your house.  I said hello, the house is 150 years old, what did you
expect?   Well he just can't be going under there under he kills the spiders
and he'll be back tomorrow.  I said I have a better idea, spray go to lunch,
come back and they'll be dead.  Oh no he says, can't take that chance.  I
told him NO aerosols, I have a cat in the house.  So he got some Viper -
whatever that is - a pump spray and sprayed all under there and will be back
in the morning.  I told him I am not happy having to take tomorrow off for
this, and you better be back.  He said he would.  I'm thinking this guy is
in the wrong line of work.  Plumbers are always going under houses, in
cabinets under sinks, in old water heater closets which all are spider
prone.  HELLO??   He had better do a DARN good job because I am NOT happy w/
this rube at this point. Looks like there are two leaks, not one. I'm so
delighted - not.  And he's no kid, Bobby (neighbor) says he looks to be in
his mid-40's.  I was flabbergasted.  My boss looked at me like I was nuts
when I told him about it.  So here we go - another exciting evening of no
water.  Sheesh.

thanks for letting me vent.....