Re: Joints (was RE: rough month)

  • Subject: Re: Joints (was RE: rough month)
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:07:51 EDT

You girls can laugh at me if you want, but I feel I must ask
Do you wear a copper bracelet?
On our honeymoon in 1952 we had a minor automobile accident -
ran into a mailbox post.  I was sitting with my legs crossed under
me yoga-fashion - no one had even heard of seatbelts in those
days - and slammed into the dashboard with both knees.  Both
knees swelled and were very painful - were x-rayed and shown
not to be broken, but the doctor said I could be sure to have
arthritis in the future.  Sure enough within the next five years
my knees were so painful I could hardly walk. One doctor said
it was not necessary to have x-rays - he could just feel the
crepitation with his hands.  I'm not sure just who got me
started, but I started wearing a copper bracelet that Chet had
given me before we were married, and another for the other
arm that I had picked up in a craft shop.  To make a long story
short, I am still trotting around pretty well fifty years later.   I
can't claim that my knees don't hurt, mostly at night, but it
seems more connected to a degenerated disk than arthritis.
Another interesting fact is that twice I have had falls, unrelated,
but both times the copper turned bright green with corrosion by
the next day.  Some doctors look at my bracelets and laugh, but
others look at my hands and say "well, you have no deformation
in your hands, so they obviously don't cause any harm."  I know
two other people near my age who wear them and swear by them.
I know it seems improbable, but they are not expensive, so why
don't you give the bracelets a try.  I have had numerous ones
over the years - some have been lost, some I have given away,
and a couple have just broken.  The ones I find most comfortable
are just flat bands, but I have had a couple of very pretty ones I
picked up in the Southwest  in Indian craft shops.  Laugh if you
want to, but I hope maybe this will help.
Auralie

In a message dated 6/1/2009 2:25:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,