dulcinea's heart and mine

  • Subject: dulcinea's heart and mine
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 20:17:51 -0500

are broken.

I ordered zone 5 hardy varieties of Antirrhinum, Mirabilis, and Pelargonium last year from HCG, not sure I believed their promises. The Pel just didn't feel at home, limped along, and gave up. The Mirabilis had a weak start, survived, no flowers, but managed. It came back hale and hearty this year, so I am hoping for flowers.

But it was the hardy snap, 'Dulcinea's Heart', that blew me away. She bloomed, never stopping, from May until October. On New Year's she was still green. By spring, the thick crown was battered and brown, but she put forth new growth quickly when the weather warmed. She is covered in blooms! But she's withering fast recently. Her leaves droop and she is dying quickly now. It's so sad. I don't think she'll last much longer.

Anyone have any idea what could be happening?
neIN, Zone 5