From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 6:55 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Nursery Home Page

I see why this is so important, Gene.  Some m-o nurseries are moving away
from paper catalogs.  Seneca Hill for one.  I've always enjoyed her site.
But if online is all you have and there's so much competition out there, I
would think search engines would be a priority.  What about the new Bing?
I'm a Google fan myself.

But, however folks get there, you're right the site's got to look good and
be easy to navigate.  You asked for positive things, but I'd also like to
mention a negative.  Something I despise are tags and item pops.  A few are
useful, but most times they just really get in the way.  I'll be moving my
cursor over an item that's close to another and an enlargemnet pops up so I
can't see what I was reading.  Very disconcerting.  Some are handy I
suppose, just don't overdo it.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5