Re: rambling rose

  • Subject: Re: rambling rose
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:01:03 -0500

Those dinner-plate Hibiscus are late risers. If I still had one it would just be starting to show growth now, but in your zone I'd expect they'd be up and running. Once they get going they don't waste any time.

My concern with the rose is that there is only oneshoot, maybe two, that looks right, but there are masses of these red scraggly ones. I'm worried that a more unsightly rose that doesn't perform as I'd like will steal all the energy and the good one will die out in the process.

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "andreah" <andreah@hargray.com>